Ofsted Inspection Reports 2018 & 2014
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is a good school
- Inspirational and determined leadership by the headteacher has led to rapid improvements in all areas of the school’s work.
- The headteacher, staff and governors are highly ambitious for the pupils. They have an accurate view of how much pupils can achieve and how to help them do this.
- As a result of good and sometimes outstanding teaching, most pupils throughout the school are now making more rapid progress in reading, writing and mathematics than previously.
- By the end of Key Stage 2, standards achieved are above the national average in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Pupils eligible for support from the pupil premium are also making rapid progress, reaching similar standards to those of other pupils. This is also the case for disabled pupils and those with special educational needs.
- The behaviour of pupils is consistently good. They are very caring, show respect and courtesy for each other and staff, and play happily together in a safe and secure environment.
- The Early Years Foundation Stage is good. Children in the Early Years Foundation Stage settle quickly and learn well because staff know them as individuals and plan activities which will interest them.