Learning outside the classroom increases movement, development, health, well-being and improves learning. By allowing children time in our garden and vegetable beds as well as time at our 'quillet' and our local environment, our pupils can be inspired, engaged and active learners.
The Children of St Levan School have totally embraced our new outdoor learning sessions on a Friday. We have been outdoors:
- playing games to learn about suffixes and prefixes;
- orienteering to gain more confidence with times tables and learn map skills;
- using our new campfire area to cook marshmallows and popcorn to learn about irreversible and reversible changes;
- team building;
- playing giant games of battle ships to help us with coordinates;
- using sticks to learn about number and shape and much much more.